Perdue IP Law, APC combines the legal and scientific skills needed to serve the intellectual property (IP) needs of clients in the life sciences. The firm offers legal expertise in IP law and related topics, with scientific expertise in areas including molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, genetics, vaccines, antibodies, microbiology, pharmaceuticals, drug delivery, formulations, small molecule chemistry, protein engineering, therapeutic methods, plant breeding, plant pathology, biofuels, and bioremediation.
Perdue IP Law, APC works with clients in the biotechnology, biomedical, pharmaceutical, cleantech, agriculture, and diagnostics industries to identify, protect, manage, and leverage valuable IP to advance client business goals. The firm provides IP services for inventors, startup firms, established corporations, research institutes, and universities engaged in cutting-edge work in the life sciences who need to protect and manage their IP, and for investors and potential partners who need to analyze IP related to business ventures.
Donna O. Perdue, Ph.D., J.D. is founder and Principal at Perdue IP Law, APC, San Diego CA.
Legal services include:
IP Protection: Patent and trademark prosecution
IP Strategy and Management
- Prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Develop and manage patent portfolios around the world for optimal coverage and strategic advantage, utilizing a worldwide network of IP professionals to provide IP services in many countries outside the US
- Identify potential IP rights such utility patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, design patents, plant patents, or plant variety protection rights that may be available for a client
- IP audits to help clients optimize IP assets in a cost-effective manner
- Due diligence analysis to investigate IP for scope of coverage, and potential weaknesses, liabilities, and opportunities
- Review, negotiate and draft IP-related agreements and disclosures; negotiating licenses and sales of IP
- Evaluate compliance with IP licenses and agreements
IP Research and Evaluation
- Patent landscaping for existing and proposed technologies
- Research, analysis, and evaluation of freedom-to-operate, product clearance, patentability, patent infringement, patent validity, inventorship, and ownership
- Provide short-term, part-time, virtual, or interim services similar to an in-house IP attorney or IP manager
- Technology-specific counseling, e.g., for clients who already have outside IP counsel and need additional technical expertise for a specific invention or project
- Train and build internal capacity around IP and related issues
Genetic Resources Management
- Strategic advice concerning legal landscape for use of genetic resources, e.g., compliance with Nagoya Protocol implementation measures
- Genetic resources audits
- Genetic resources administration